Life Balancing Clinic
Holistic Counselling with a Twist
POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD affects people from all walks of life. Families are often torn apart, drug and alcohol problems can occur, careers are destroyed and in some cases, people are driven to suicide as a way of stopping the psychological and physical pain and anguish.
PTSD is described as a disorder characterised by failure to fully recovery after experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder “a cluster of symptoms that begin and persist after a person has survived or in some cases witnessed a severely traumatic or life-threatening event where they felt terror, extreme fear, dread or horror”.
In some cases, memories of trauma become difficult to process while anxiety increases, all causing the individual to re-experience the feelings associated with the trauma as if it were occurring in the present moment
Some of the most common symptoms of PTSD include the following:
- Intense feelings of distress when reminded of a tragic event
- Extreme physical reactions to reminders of trauma such as a nausea, sweating or a pounding heart
- Invasive, upsetting memories of a tragedy
- Flashbacks (feeling like the trauma is happening again)
- Nightmares of either frightening things or of the event
- Loss of interest in life and daily activities
- Feeling emotionally numb and detached from other people
- Sense of a not leading a normal life (not having a positive outlook of your future)
- Avoiding certain activities, feelings, thoughts or places that remind you of the tragedy
- Difficulty remembering important aspects of a tragic event
Have you ever said something like:
- “I don’t want to think (or talk) about it.”
- “I can’t get it out of my head.”
- “I feel like I’m losing my mind.”
- “I keep having panic attacks.”
- “I feel like it keeps happening over and over again.”
- “I don’t want to go out/see friends/visit loved ones/participate in activities.”
- “I just feel numb.”
- “My life is not normal anymore.”
- “I can’t remember what happened.”
- “I keep having nightmares.”
- Child Sexual Abuse/Assault
- Vehicular Accident
- Military Experiences
- Witness to Violence
- Natural Disaster
- Work Accident
- Sexual Harassment
- Loss and Violent Traumas
- Death of a family member or friend
- Injury or illness of a loved one
- Sexual Trauma
- Adult Sexual Abuse/Assault
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS OR FEEL THAT YOU CONNECT TO THESE EMOTIONALLY.
HAVE A LOOK AT OUR NEW WORKSHOPS THAT WILL BE STARTING IN 2019.
POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER WORKSHOP
The Workshop is $450
Groups of 4 to 6
6 weeks – 6 x 1hr sessions
An understanding on how PTSD is controlling you
Tools on how to deal with PTSD there and then
Tools on how to start releasing PTSD from your world
TEXT AND PHONE SUPPORT DURING THE 6-WEEK WORKSHOP
There will be two evenings workshops.
- Monday will be for people that have gone through the trauma.
Starting Monday, 11th February 2019
Finishing Monday, 18th March 2019
- Tuesday will be for people that work in a profession where they see the trauma happen to others.
Starting Tuesday, 12th February 2019
Finishing Tuesday, 19th March 2019
If you are not sure which one you need to attend, happy to talk it through with you.
A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO YOUR
POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
WITH TEREZA @
LIFE BALANCING CLINIC
JUST MIGHT BE THE THING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Let's have a chat and see what day suites you.
0419 437 044